50 Shades of Honor
Maybe not korra. But a future avatar which will be born 10000 years later
I personally prefer the theory that immediately after Unalaq’s death a Dark Avatar was born somewhere else. Maybe thats just me as it would be fun to have an actual Avatar Vs. Avatar rivalry.
When Avatar: The Last Airbender meets Avatar: The Legend of Korra.
I almost drew the whole crew! It was worth it because I love both shows.
Avatar animated series belong to: Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, Nickelodeon.
Important Note: Do Not Use My Artwork Without Permission! Thank you.
Art Nouveau Avatars
Here’s the full lineup! (linking to four separate images is a bit of a pain).
*edit: Some folks mentioned wanting a different order (chronological). I don’t think the set flows correctly but here is the image starting with Kyoshi.
I’ve decide to roundup all Book Three: Change information into a single post divided into three sections: Images, Plot, Characters & General.
Section #1: Book Three Images:
- This image takes place almost 21 minutes into Book Three episode #1.
- The image was released by Bryan Konietzko on May 17th 2013
- Many internet users believe that, in this scene, Asami is either on a boat or a plane but it looks closer to a boat.
- The image was released by Bryan Konietzko on December 19th 2013
- Lin appears to have awaked from a bad dream or is getting out of a bath.
- Bolin, Pabu, Naga and Oogi appear to be in Republic City
- This picture was released by Bryan Konietzko on January 3rd 2013 via one of his tumblr posts
- Bolin and Mako are seen in an unknown location wearing their pyjamas
- This image was released on January 10th 2014 by Bryan Konietzko and captioned “Prepare thy bodies for Book 3.” on this page.
- Just like in picture 4, Bolin and Mako are wearing their underwear/pyjamas.
- Bolin and Mako appear to be in an previously unseen location.
- Bryan Konietzko shared this to his tumblr page on January 16th 2014!
- Korra and Asami are training together. Asami looks like she is wearing a pro bending uniform.
- Bryan shared this photo here on January 24th 2014!
Section #2: Book Three Plot:
- In this video, Mike DiMartino & Bryan Konietzko explain that “Lin is going to be heavily featured in Book 3” and “We are going to be learning about Lin and her family”
- During this interview with Wall Street Journal, Mike DiMartino revealed that Book Three’s events will take place three weeks after Korra defeated Unalaq in Book 2.
- "People will get more Bumi. There’s a lot more Bumi in Book 3." - Michael Dante DiMartino during an interview with Wall Street Jorunal.
Section #3: Book Three Characters:
- Bryan Konietzko recently confirmed that there is currently an Earth Queen. He didn’t confirm whether or not she will appear in Book 3, but I don’t really see a reason for him to say this if she wasn’t relevant in any way.
- Suite Life of Zack & Cody & Camp Rock actress, Alyson Stoner, posted on her website that she has voiced a character named Opal. Could Opal be the recently mentioned Earth Queen? Could she be a relative of Lin since we’re learning more about her family?
- Princess Azula’s voice actress, Grey DeLisle, recently revealed that she will be voicing a “bad girl” who is a bender during this radio interview. She also stated that this character is not a firebender.
- During a recent Comic Con fan event, Grey also revealed that she is voicing a waterbender! Is is unknown whether this waterbender is the same “bad girl” she was describing earlier. The fact that when Grey described the waterbender said “she’s bad” hints that they are indeed the same character. It is likely that this bad girl waterbender could be somewhat evil.
Section #4: Book Three General Information:
- Book 3 will consist of thirteen episodes
- "We are on track to airing Book 3 with MUCH less of a wait than the unfortunate one there was before Book 2 aired." -Bryan Konietzko comparing Book 3’s hitaus duration in comparison to the fifteen month wait between Books 1 & 2.
- Studio Mir (animators of all of The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra Book 1 & the second half of Book 2) will be animating ALL of Book 3!
//End of my news roundup. Hope you have enjoyed reading and have learned a lot about Book Three. All news is sourced via hyperlinks in an appropriate sentence. This roundup post will be updated frequently up until Book 3’s release.
Go in peace.
I like that Korra bowed in the end. The gesture with her left hand (virtue, intellect, humanity) “shielding and containing” the right (gallantry, aggression, martial prowess), and the left thumb slightly curling inward, suggesting humbleness—means that the ultimate purpose of one’s physical power is to stop conflicts and prevent the abuse of power (“止戈为武”). Martial artists have been required to salute each other like this before and after a fight for more than 3000 years. It’s such a nice touch in the final.
Sneak peek at one of the incredible LoK drawings that one of our top 10 Korra Nation members will receive! This Zhu Li stunner was created for us by LoK supervising producer, Lauren Montgomery.
Way to go winners, you did the thing!
Whoa. #NOATS winners, you should know that your drawings will not be anywhere near as cool as this.
The First Avatar and the First Leader of the Firebenders
Avatar Roku and Firelord Sozin
Old friends can sometimes change, but friendship can transcend lifetimes.
I present the most badass gifset on Tumblr.
Legitimately turned on by this
This is the best thing.
I remember watching this
SOOO can someone tell me what exactly was Jinora’s role in this battle during harmonic convergence?!
She showed Korra that the whole “Rawa is dead” claim was one big, fat lie (Korra couldn’t do it because he spiritual senses are much weaker than Jinorra’s).
Honestly I’m in a love-hate relationship with LoK like that whole Makorra thing could’ve been amazing but they fucked it up and they just keep making it all awkward and teenagery and I mean it just really doesn’t feel real at all…
And then you look at AtLA which is a fucking amazing show (present-tense) and you just wonder what the hell happened
To be honest, LoK is more realistic than ATLA in this field. ATLA is how everyone wants relations to be (which is present in most of fiction nowadays), LoK shows them what they are: ugly and awkward.
But then, LoK is non-sugarcoated realism in everything.
Can we just stop to appreciate the fact that Varrick built a special cell for himself because he knew he would eventually end up in prison?
Varrick is best Avatar character. Period.
I literally don’t know how to feel about the finale. I’m just… I feel like I could go either way.
-“wtf. it’s like they’re just making stuff up as they go now”
-“omg. this is such amazing detail. I can’t imagine how long they’ve been wanting to tell this story”
It is mix of both. Almost every writer has many ideas of what would happen in future (even if a sequel is never planned, ideas are automatically made in one’s head) but as they go, things are added, changed and new ideas are made.